Spring is almost here, but there is still time to enjoy some flavorful soups and stews before the weather turns warmer and we start craving refreshing summery foods. These soups and stews can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until ready for use. The weekend is the perfect time to make up a double batch and enjoy it all week long.
- Albondigas, a meatball soup.
- Menudo, made with tripe and hominy it is a great remedy for colds and hangovers.
- Chile Verde, a thick rich stew made with green chile sauce and chicken or pork.
- Pumpkin Chorizo Soup, is a wonderful, creamy shade of orange and flavored with onions, garlic and chorizo.
- Posole, made with pork and hominy in a light broth.
- Gazpacho, a cold tomato soup with crunchy cucumbers.