A hearty filling for your empanadas. First make the empanada dough, then fill it with this family recipe for beef empanadas and enjoy. Empanadas make great appetizers and finger foods for a meal on the go.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small potatoes, diced into one inch cubes and boiled until soft
- 1 onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives, finely chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil
Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Put the ground beef in and begin to brown. When the beef is cooked through, add in the broth, green olives, raisins and bring to a simmer. Let the liquid reduce until it's almost gone. Fold in the eggs and potatoes and place by the spoonful into your prepared empanada dough and cook accordingly.