This creamy pumpkin soup will warm you up and fill you up. Chorizo and onion adds texture and the subtle pumpkin flavor melds with the broth to provide you with an unforgettable taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb chorizo cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup and 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
Heat the oil in a large pot. Saute the 1/3 cup onions and the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute. Carefully add in the broth, pumpkin, chorizo and potatoes. Stir in the oregano and cumin. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in cream and serve immediately topped with a tablespoon each of cilantro and onion.