- 3 cups shredded beef
- 8 large roasted chiles- skin, seeds and veins removed and coarsely chopped.
- 1 white onion- peeled and coarsely chopped.
- 6 cloves of garlic- peeled and crushed.
- 1 jalapeno- seeded and diced
- 3 potatoes- peeled, boiled and chopped into large chunks.
- 1 cup homemade chile sauce or store bought.
- 1 cup green chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup green chile sauce
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels added to dough
México Del sur
- 2 cups shredded chicken, seasoned with hoja santa
- 1 cup fresh, whole corn kernels
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red chile sauce
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken marinated in citrus flavors
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 serrano chiles, finely diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Black Bean and Cheese
- 2 cups seasoned black beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from beans (bean broth)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1 cup queso panela shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked shrimp or lobster
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mariscos sauce- 1/4 cup heavy cream mixed with 1/4 cup mayonnaise, seasoned with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped.
For more tamale help, sign up for the 6-day Beginners Guide to Tamales e-course to be delivered right to your e-mail inbox.