Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 oz Tortilla chips (about 2 large handfuls)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup refried beans or whole black beans, drained of liquid
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- *Optional- Other topping ideas include sliced black olives, white or red onions and jalapeno rings
- *Optional- 1 cup of diced carne asada, carnitas or shredded chicken
Heat refried beans over low heat until bubbly. Place half of the chips on an oven proof pie plate and cover with half the cheese. Carefully add the rest of the chips topped with the remaining cheese. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Carefully remove chips from broiler and drizzle on beans. Then add dollops of guacamole, sour cream and lastly, sprinkle on the tomatoes.
*If adding meat, freshly cooked is the best option, or re-heat pre-cooked meat until piping hot. Add right after the beans layer.