Impress your friends with this fresh recipe at your next fiesta! Inspired by the seaside villages in Puerto Vallarta this ceviche is a great low fat snack or appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- 3 lbs small raw shrimp, cleaned
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 limes, juiced
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
Lay out shrimp in the bottom of glass baking dish. Pour lemon and lime juice over them and refrigerate for 3 hours. The juice will "cook" the shrimp. Toss with remaining ingredients and refrigerate for one more hour or longer. Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topper for grilled fish!