This recipe features beef that is slow-roasted until it literally falls apart. Chipotles add a smokey flavor and a medium heat. Chipotle Beef can be served as a main dish or used as a filling for tacos or burritos.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- 3 lbs of beef round
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 chipotle chile canned in adobo sauce
- 1 can of diced green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, peeled and chopped
Rinse the beef and pat it dry. Place it in a slow-cooker. Pour the broth and tomatoes over the top. Chop up the chipotle and add it with remaining ingredients so they are all on top of the beef. Cook for 12 hours on low heat or 8 hours on high heat.