Why have regular meat loaf when you can have this tasty alternative?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup tortilla strips, finely crumbled
- 1 large egg
- taco seasoning (see recipe for seasoning for ground beef)
- 1/2 of a fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup either taco sauce or chile sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
Combine beef, tortilla strips, egg, seasoning, jalapeno, onion and garlic salt. Form a loaf and place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. When fully cooked, remove from baking dish and let cool for 10 minutes. Brush taco or chile sauce over it and sprinkle cotija cheese on top.