A wonderful blend of two mild flavors, this southern Mexican side dish is a great addition to any main dish. This recipe serves 6.
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and strained, still warm
- 2 1/2 cups white rice, freshly cooked, still warm
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, diced (optional for heat)
- salt to taste
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Fold together carefully as to not smash the black beans to much. The rice will color a little bit due to the dark color of the beans. When all ingredients are combined, serve immediately.