These chocolate coffins and skulls are traditionally used during Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in Mexico, however they are becoming more popular as a Halloween treat as well. You will need some supplies, so read the directions first.
Time Required: This project will take a couple of hours to complete, depending on the type of chocolate you use.
- Melt the chocolate. You can use a variety of types.
- Easiest Method-Chocolate candy wafers that you can melt in the microwave Buy Direct
- You can also use different flavorings in your chocolate, such as Kona, Mocha or even Hot Chile Buy Direct
- Microwaved Tempered Chocolate Instructions
- Standard Tempered Chocolate Instructions
- Pour the melted chocolate into the molds.
Skull Molds Buy Direct
Coffin Molds Buy Direct
- Let the chocolate cool according to the instrucions.
- Pop candy out of the molds and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
What You Need
- Chocolate Molds