- 1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, roasted (see below)
- An additional 3/4 cup powdered sugar to roll cookies in
- An additional 1/4 teaspoon salt
Take a small amount of dough and roll it into a one inch ball. Continue and place the balls on a lightly greased cookie sheeet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Mix additional powdered sugar and salt. Roll the warm cookies in the powdered sugar/salt mixture.
Place pecans on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.