- Bag of masa harina (you will need 6 cups)
- Lard (you will need 2 cups)
- Chicken Broth (you will need 5 cups, or 40 oz.)
- Onion powder for seasoning
- Ground cumin for seasoning
- Chile powder for seasoning
- 4 lbs of chuck roast (or other preferred cut of beef) for cooking and shredding
- 8 Poblano, Anaheim, Pasilla or other large, fresh green chiles
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- fresh garlic
- white onion
For the Wrapping and Cooking
- Four 8-ounce packages of dried corn husks
- Tamale steaming bucket or a large, deep pot with a rack or steaming basket inside to keep the tamales out of the water.
For more tamale help, sign up for the 6-day Beginners Guide to Tamales e-course to be delivered right to your e-mail inbox.