Do your burritos often fall apart? Learn how to fold a burrito so its contents stay tucked inside where they should be.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Prepare tortilla.
Lay the tortilla on a flat surface like a counter top, large plate or a cutting board.
- Add fillings, lengthwise.
Layer your burrito contents down the center of the tortilla, lengthwise. If you're using a 12 inch large tortilla, the filling can be up to 4 inches wide and approximately 7 inches long. Leave at least 4 inches on the bottom end of the filling.
- First Fold.
Fold the short end of the tortilla up so the contents don't spill out of the bottom.
- Second Fold.
Fold one of the long sides over the top of the filling. Place your fingers perpendicular across the fold, cup the tortilla over the filling and push the edge against the filling to make sure the fold is tight.
- Third fold.
Wrap the remaining long end over both folds.
- Let the burrito rest.
Turn burrito over and lay it folded side down. Let it rest for a moment to ensure the tortilla has time to mold itself closed.
- Try to keep your fillings 3-4 inches wide and about 8 inches long. If you must add more, your burrito may not close properly.
- Warm the tortilla first by microwaving it under a damp paper towel for 15 seconds, or on a griddle over low heat. This will make the tortilla much easier to fold.
- Make sure you let the burrito sit for a minute (or two, if you can wait) so the tortilla can mold to the fillings.
- Take your time on the first try. It takes a little bit of practice.
What You Need
- Burrito fillings
- A flat surface